Discuss Di-Log DL6507 faulty design?? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Ok I am one of the people who bought this product and as yet have not had any trouble but then I haven't used it much.

I have read two posts complaining about the Dilog being faulty, one from "Taffy Duck" and one from "D80", both are members here.

So has anyone else bought this meter, have you had any problems or are you satisfied with it?

Are there any suppliers out there that have had more than usual numbers of returns.

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks.

It's got a 24 month guarantee so I wouldn't sweat too much.

Having looked through the net about it it being dead on arrival seems a little awkwardly common. I've got a cheap pos from Maplin now (£15!) that goes down to 1mA. It's probably more suited to what I do anyway although to many others it will be nothing more than just a toy.

It's got a 24 month guarantee so I wouldn't sweat too much.

Having looked through the net about it it being dead on arrival seems a little awkwardly common. I've got a cheap pos from Maplin now (£15!) that goes down to 1mA. It's probably more suited to what I do anyway although to many others it will be nothing more than just a toy.

Can you please tell me what the catalogue / part number of this meter is?

Thank you :)

From looking at our sales figures, out of an average of 100 sold, 3 were returned for repair. For the price and the functionality it's not too bad a meter.

A suitable alternative if you've lost faith would be either the Kewtech KEW2434 or maybe the Fluke 360 or Megger DCM300. There's about £100-£200 price difference though. Saying that were not your forum sponsor, so a private message to them would be a good next step.

Ok I am one of the people who bought this product and as yet have not had any trouble but then I haven't used it much.

I have read two posts complaining about the Dilog being faulty, one from "Taffy Duck" and one from "D80", both are members here.

So has anyone else bought this meter, have you had any problems or are you satisfied with it?

Are there any suppliers out there that have had more than usual numbers of returns.

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks.

It's a dammed good budget leakage clamp, that competes with much higher priced units, and often betters them. Apart from the two complaints i've seen on here, i've not heard of anyone else having any problems with them....

As for this Unit-t clamp meter , it's not a leakage test clamp and should not be used as one, it's range and resolution restrictions will give you wild unreliable results. It is what it is, a low end budget amp clamp with resistance and voltage ranges...

I've gone through 3.

First one from local suppliers, worked fine for around 6 months then died, screen would display nothing on most settings and best I got was a bleep when turning the dial. Got a refund as they couldn't replace it for up to 2 months, no good to me.

2nd one came from ISS. Arrived with dead battery, I replaced battery and it did nothing at all, totally dead.

3rd one from ISS. Arrived with faulty screen (is it a 9, an 8, a 3 or a 1 I have no idea as the LCD display is faulty on that part of screen) and its readings massively off, was giving 28. something Amps for my immersion heating, whereas my Kewtech Clamp meter was reading at 12 odd amps. Returned for a refund and out of pocket from the returns, its not a unit I could really hold any trust with now especially given Taffy Duck's return and the failure of the unit that was due to go to him.

It'll be interesting to know what representations Megger Mark will be making to the manufacturer about these highlighted failures??
I personally have had no problems at all with my unit, but then my test equipment doesn't get thrown around in the back of a van.

Nor does mine, and given two failed (for me anyway) upon delivery, they never even got near the van other than when I dropped them off at local post office to return them!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Di-Log DL6507 faulty design?? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock