Discuss Difference between customer generations! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
has anyone else noticed this? the older generations are lot better and thankful than the younger ones? i'm only 22 myself and my apprentice is 17, and we've noticed a huge different in the ages. even got to a point we've removed ourselves from a local site recently because the 28 yr olds were kicking off because a complete rewire took two days! (which we though was good going) any else noticed this?

On the odd occasion i have. You are right in that younger customers seem to think that jobs only take 5 minute to do. Drives me mad.

Its also seems that the younger customer goes for the cheapest price and always want things doing for cash

Glad im not the only one. i have noticed that too, if its more than £2.50 they assume there must be a cheaper one. one guy asked if we could reuse all his accessories when rewiring

One example is this.
Got the job through a mate, who was redoing an ensuite, full rip out and refit. All stylish and looked great. As you'd expect it had cost them a few grand and to be fait it was a top job.

Anyway, went along to fit a new wall fan to replace the old one. So I thought get a top quality Vent Axia slimlime one or similar, would blend in nicely and wouldn't look out of place in their new bathroom.

Oh no, there too expensive, so the customer provided a nice cheap and cheerfull wall fan about 3 inches deep when fitted and sounded like a jet engine when it was on.

All to save 40 quid tops and it looked awfull

I completely agree, Its not 100% that way, you do get some very nice younger folk, but on the whole, they do seem ignorant and ungreatful especially the ones we look after in rented accomodation, where as the older lot seem much nicer. Always offering a drink, happy to leave a key etc. In fact I've just been to a lovely old dear, nice and chatty. Just a simple 5ft tube and starter to change in her kitchen. "how much do I owe you?" she asks, "oh, £10 will cover it" I reply. "Don't be daft, you've supplied the tube and replaced it for me, here,..." and handed me £20.

Don't think that 90% of younger people who live in rented accomodation give any thought to anyone else. Seen it many times, not their house or flat so don't give a damn.

Reply to Difference between customer generations! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock