Discuss Difference between FSU and 3 pin plug, both with 5 amp fuse for LED downlights? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Joe Craic

DIY
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Is there an obvious reason why I can't just fit a plug onto my LED soffit downlights, fitted with a 5amp fuse and plug it into a socket rather than install a 5amp fsu? I'm fine with the plug being permanently plugged in as the socket gets no use anyhow. TIA

Reply to Difference between FSU and 3 pin plug, both with 5 amp fuse for LED downlights? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
I've purchased Lepro 15m LED strip lights - product code PR410047-RGB-UK, and have fitted them at the top of the walls in my daughter's bedroom...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all I am a newbie from Australia to this great forum. I need some advise with wiring up a dimmer and switch for my LED Down lights in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi I have seen a 4ft 36w LED Batten at Screwfix which looks ideal for my room where I need some temporary lighting. The description says...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, any help much appreciated here... I've two LED downlights in the kitchen and can't get them working. They work using a 2-pin plug like...
Replies
Views
Hi. I am off grid, UK. There is no grid tie or connection and there is currently no potential for connection. Background: I use a Honda EU10i for...
Replies
Views

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.