Discuss Difference between FSU and 3 pin plug, both with 5 amp fuse for LED downlights? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Joe Craic

DIY
Reaction score
Is there an obvious reason why I can't just fit a plug onto my LED soffit downlights, fitted with a 5amp fuse and plug it into a socket rather than install a 5amp fsu? I'm fine with the plug being permanently plugged in as the socket gets no use anyhow. TIA

None at all.

Reactions: DPG
None at all.
Good to know saves a bit of chasing and knocking back boxes out for now 😊😉. Was panning on using average 1mm2 T&E for cabling, will this be fine for connecting directly to a plug?

No you need a flexible cable 0.75 will be a suitable size.

What is the overall length between the plug and the last light.

Should be fine.

Do the lights require two or three core cable.

https://www.screwflix..com/p/time-3093y-white-3-core-0-75mm-flexible-cable-25m-drum/177jy

Reply to Difference between FSU and 3 pin plug, both with 5 amp fuse for LED downlights? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock