Discuss Difference between megger 1552 and 1502 in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

eskimo39

Sorry Sorry Sorry!!!!! I know everyone is getting sick of talking about test meters etc but I really need some help. I have been searching to buy a 1552 for the last few days but just had a phone call offering a 1502 at a great price. I have had a look on the Megger site but find it a bit pants.

Can anyone tell me the main difference between the two???

Sorry:eek:

Sorry Sorry Sorry!!!!! I know everyone is getting sick of talking about test meters etc but I really need some help. I have been searching to buy a 1552 for the last few days but just had a phone call offering a 1502 at a great price. I have had a look on the Megger site but find it a bit pants.

Can anyone tell me the main difference between the two???

Sorry:eek:

I think one of the things is the Auto RCD test?

Great meter! ;)

Here's a Catalogue link:

http://www.55north.com/images/Megger%20catalogue.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the fast reply mate. I guess that means when I am doing trip times/current, I need to walk back to the DB after every test to reset?

No simply set the Auto RCD test and stay at the DB till all the RCD tests are complete on all ranges. You can then go back to the meter and scroll back on the meter for readings. I really like this feature.

Also has a No Trip Loop Test.

It looks like the 1502 is missing the Auto RCD

The 1552 is missing the Bluetooth feature.

If you are seriously considering a Megger MFT, I have some better instructions on usage I can email you.

User Instructions are ok, but I do have some more straight forward Instructions available.

Warren

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Difference between megger 1552 and 1502 in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock