Discuss Difference between part p and domestic installer? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

schoe

Hi all I'm currently looking to join a governing body carrying out just domestic work.

I want a scheme that will enable me to do everything domestically, ie major re-wires and sign my own work off.

What is the difference between part p from elecsa or the domestic installer scheme from the niceic?

What apart p scheme allow me to do everything domestically?

Is elecsa or niceic better?

Thanks chris.

Some dont allow u to do PIR inspections. Depends on ur quals, but in a nutshell, u can do all domestic work with most schemes as part p is for domestic only!

I have got my 17th edition, 2330-2-3, three years day release at college and have had about 3 years of experience, if part p is the same as the domestic installer scheme which one would be better to join elecsa or niceic?

well im with Elecsa, cant fault them and it allows me to do everything domestic. Their technical team is good too and always easy to get hold of. good price too IMO. horses for courses really, thay all take ur money!
Best of luck anyway mate.

At one time or another I have had dealings with all the current registration bodies with the exception of Corgi. The only one I would recommend is ECA/ELECSA as they are the only ones in my experience who are genuinely interested in the success of their members businesses. The helpline staff and assessors I have had contact with are all time-served sparks, not only do they know the regulations but also the practical day-day stuff.

Reply to Difference between part p and domestic installer? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net