Discuss Differences between fluke 1663 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello, I don't know if I'm in the right place for this publication, I apologize first of all. I did a search, but I didn't find anything.... Does anyone know the difference between these two FLUKE 1663 models, where one comes with the RCD test selector in yellow and the other in white? What is the most recent? Thank you so much.

Attachments

• Differences between fluke 1663 Captura de pantalla 2023-05-03 a las 9.52.01 - EletriciansForums.net
    Captura de pantalla 2023-05-03 a las 9.52.01.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Differences between fluke 1663 Captura de pantalla 2023-05-03 a las 9.52.58 - EletriciansForums.net
    Captura de pantalla 2023-05-03 a las 9.52.58.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 4
I don’t know which is more recent, but I would imagine the yellow text is just to make it easier to distinguish between rcd test functions and others on the selection dial.

Actually I would have said the White labelling was later.
CEF still sell them and theirs are white.

Exactly, I was afraid that the whites were more recent. I say this because I already bought one (With RCD inscriptions in yellow)
Let's see if this 1663 is better for me than the 1654B I bought... it's a shame that at least in Spain, the official service no longer has support for the typical ERR1 errors.
Thank you so much guys.

I have a long term goal of better understanding the famous Fluke "ERR 1" issue. I have got as far as the only difference between a board that works and one that doesn't is the contents of the on-board memory.
To compound matters there are 2 boards, and I believe the values are compared and erased if one of the boards is one is beyond a certain tolerance with the other. This makes repair very difficult if not virtually impossible.
I also know that the device can be put into calibration mode, and a series of specimen readings provided to repopulate the calibration constants on both boards. But without documentation I've reached the end of what I could deduce by trial and error.

(By the way my favourite old/cheap tester by far is still the Megger 15xx range. I say that because I've taken a lot of them apart, swapped boards, and understand how to calibrate it myself if needed. The service manual is also an excellent document that leaves nothing to the imagination.)

I still think that for a "Top" brand there have been too many problems and users affected by this error. I don't even want to imagine who got it new and ended up being a paper weight. Indeed, err1 differs in many ways, but it should never be a headache for installers.

Reply to Differences between fluke 1663 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock