Discuss different nationality forums in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
When I enter this url on my PC I get directed to the UK electrical forum. When I am on my phone it directs me to the Australian electrical forums.
Don't get me wrong, I like hanging around with you poms (it makes me feel superior :D ) but I wouldn't mind seeing what is happening in the Aussie forum too.
The trouble is, the aussie forum says my username is already taken, yet it wont let me login with these details.

Yeah that won't happen here lol once you're on the forum you're on it.

I think one of your devices is clearly going to a different URL (domain name).

Check the web address bar on both devices you will find they're different.

If it's that TEF ripping us off again I'm going get it taken down. This is proof it's confusing our own visitors and that's when it's encroaching on an established brand.

If it's some Aussie site then fair enough.

That must be a different forum.
Yeah that won't happen here lol once you're on the forum you're on it.
It is the same url.
I think it is picking up the ip address. it starts to load and then it reroutes to an Aussie forum, but the url is the same

Attachments

• different nationality forums Screenshot_20191101-103712_Samsung Internet - EletriciansForums.net
    Screenshot_20191101-103712_Samsung Internet.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 13
That top link is an advert that's not us. Google manages that.

This is a list of the full forums on our site.

And if you ever want to post in any at all, you're welcome to. Ignore the Aussie forum message. I'll get that removed. It was to attract Aussies by ranking in google.com.au and it seems to have done the trick. I'll get it removed for logged in members.

Click here to pick a forum to post in: https://www.electriciansforums.net/forums/-/create-thread

There's an orange button at the top of most pages saying "click here to post a question". Click that anywhere you see it and it will then give you a list of forums.

Select the one most appropriate to your questioning moreso than where you're from. Electrical regs are similar in aus to UK I believe.

Click on my name and then click Start Conversation if you ever need help with the forum.

I want to get to the state that at midnight UK time we hand the keys over to you guys and you run it until midnight AU time, and hand the keys back. :)

Server and hosting wise we are capable of running a lot of traffic during the night UK time but never do. We need to have the best of the best because we are busy in the evening UK time. But that's wasted hosting power. No extra costs are occured even if we had the same busy spell AU peak time.

If that makes any sense at all.

Found out why. I think a thread of yours had been moved that's all. So when you click the link to it, you get redirected to the Aussie forum where it has been moved to.

Edit: No I think you are just logged out on the device you're getting the message on.

So when you're logged out, and come from Aus, or USA, or Canada; you get a notice at the top of the forum (mainly there for Search Engine Optimisation reasons but it's also helpful) saying that we have a forum specifically for you.

We were on a .co.uk domain name for 12 years. So whilst we had some traffic from overseas, it wasn't much. We switched to a global domain (.net in this case) and I stuck a notice on the forum so that no matter what page you're on, we link you to the forum setup for you.

So A) that means you are logged out on that device - it only shows to logged out people, and
B) your username is taken, by you. :)

So you just need to login on that device.

This is the login page: Log in - https://www.electriciansforums.net/login/

Click login at the top of the forum (not register) if you can't get to this thread etc. If you want I can email you a link to the login page. Then you can click that and login on the other device. Then check the box to stay logged in (if it shows) and you're sorted. :)

You can post in any forum you want though. Usernames and Avatars on the forums all have flags next to them so UK guys know when they're in a AU thread. :)

Last edited:

Reply to different nationality forums in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock