uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Different phases in offices in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Originally a Sp DB,now 3pDb 400v.
The plans have not been altered to suit,so circuits are the same.
Would you worry about the rings are on different phases & close to each other.

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Would you worry about the rings are on different phases & close to each other.
Yes I would worry. Irrespective of whether a single or upgraded to a three phase supply, the installation should still comply with the regs!

Socket outlets simultaneously accessible when on different phases?
When the OP says different rings, I'm assuming he is referring to the socket outlets.
If he is referring to the actual cabling then maybe no problem.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Personally I would of made the rings all on the same phase,but I didn’t connect DB.
Or even asked for revised drawings,but once again you get hassle of other sparkies who know better....??

S

Squid

Lighting used to be spread across phases to lessen the stroboscopic effect, as long as the sockets are marked up then there should be no issue

darkwood

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Socket outlets simultaneously accessible when on different phases?
When the OP says different rings, I'm assuming he is referring to the socket outlets.
If he is referring to the actual cabling then maybe no problem.
I also am interested in why you think this does not comply to regulations, there is no issue at all here and if I recall there was once a regulation which called for them to be marked with a caution label if within arms reach of each other but I don't believe that exists anymore.
So in your own opinion what are the dangers or concerns here?

Don't know off hand but will check regs when back in the office.
May even be excluded in the 18th now but regardless of that, always seemed 'good practice' to prevent simultaneous contact!

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to Different phases in offices in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range
Top Bottom