Discuss Dim and dimmer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Progressing

Bit of an issue with some dimming controls. My company were asked to install some dimmable lights in a studio. This would of been straight forward until the main contractor wanting to speed up the job asked for the downlighting cutout size so they could prep for our arrival.. Turns out the dimmable fittings my boss was planning to use have stopped being produced.

Now improvising and had to strip out the ballast from a different non dimmable fitting with the same size cut out and install a new external dimmable ballast.

My problem now is that the lamps randomly strobe then cut out, turn off the switch and back on.. Now it's different lamps on the circuit with the fault and the originals are working fine.

any ideas?

1 circuit, switch fed with 4 helvar dimmer switches with slide, k2 is the common around the dimmers, k1 switch line. C0 and c1 dimmer line.

ballast are b.a.g electronic dimmable. And 6 on each helvar output.

fittings are ansell 4 pin cfl

hope that's enough info

Cheers for the reply, tried helvar already maybe it was just got the receptionist but they didn't really have any opinion except the ballast might not be compatible with the dimmer switch. I don't really see any reason why not though all the data sheets seem to tie in with each other.

Reply to Dim and dimmer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I really need help with this puzzler. First - I am moderately 'skilled' in day-to-day basic wiring. My puzzle: I am trying to replace a...
Replies
Views
Hello! I design and build lamps, which has been a simple task so far, but I've decided to dip my toe into the dubious world of 120v LED PCBs for...
Replies
Views
What is the oldest dimmer switch you have seen in use recently? When did you install your first dimmer? (Veteran sparks only) I ask because a...
Replies
Views
I want to operate 3 lighting set up using metal halide lamps for studio works or cinematic projects in the future. as of now i have got two...
Replies
Views
I have a dimmer switch in my dining room. My son was begging me to remove the dimmer switch because he thinks it will burn out the ceiling fan...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock