Discuss Dimmable LED bulbs? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

JCC ones are pretty good although a bit pricey but since your client is paying then it doesn't really matter.
Now can we get back to mindless **** taking and inanity :)

Any serious answers.
Cheap dimmable LED lamps will have problems with being compatible with dimmer switches.
The more expensive LED lamps will work OK but you have to be able to get the price past the customer.
Look on the lamp manufacturers websites for dimmer compatibility lists, this will help select correct dimmers, most of them need trailing edge dimmers, the minimum wattage limits do not always apply for LEDs, but again check the instructions.
LED hut do some reasonably cheap and reliable dimmable LEDs.
Do not get the bulbs from Chinese imports as they are often the least reliable, though the actual Chinese manufacturers can make some good ones.
Oh and Chrysanthemums do not dim well!

megaman 4 and 6 watts dimmable bulb, work nice with aurora dimmers (they have little knob at the back of the dimmer, you use it to set up the maximum dimming, to avoid bulb cutting off when you dim too much)

Do not get the bulbs from Chinese imports as they are often the least reliable, though the actual Chinese manufacturers can make some good ones.

how can you say this considering that every LED bulb is made in china and imported to the UK, even Phillips and these American LED lights, they make them in China, import them into their country to add a sticker and export them to the UK for sale

Only a few (4 in the uk including myself) buy the raw components from china (chips and cases) and make our own power supplies or select high quality Chinese power supplies and assemble them here in the UK. Raw products and a reliable power supply for any bulb costs less than £1.00 ready to assemble.

if anyone goes to china and looks at how these bulbs are produced 1 company makes the case, 1 makes the chip, 1 makes the power supply which the market traders put them all into a bag (sells for equivalent of £0.50) and Jo blogs comes along and assembles the kit in his back shed and sells on ebay, hence how they can sell bulbs for nearly nothing and free postage and still make a profit.
the only difference with these big factories is they buy the raw products (like me) and assemble them and sell them to the likes of Phillips, Samsung, and Jo the big importer (who sells them to likes of R&M, Newlec, CEF) and to bob the small importer (who sells them on their website)

With regards to dimmers there are 2 types, one that reduces voltage and one that restricts current, then its all down to the power supply how well they handle the restricted current and dim the LED bulb.

and for those who don't know the difference:
a LED Bulb is a B22, E27, E14, B14, GU10, MR16, G24, etc, etc
a LED light is the complete unit
for more accurate terms Lamps and Luminaries

how can you say this considering that every LED bulb is made in china and imported to the UK, even Phillips and these American LED lights, they make them in China, import them into their country to add a sticker and export them to the UK for sale

Only a few (4 in the uk including myself) buy the raw components from china (chips and cases) and make our own power supplies or select high quality Chinese power supplies and assemble them here in the UK. Raw products and a reliable power supply for any bulb costs less than £1.00 ready to assemble.

if anyone goes to china and looks at how these bulbs are produced 1 company makes the case, 1 makes the chip, 1 makes the power supply which the market traders put them all into a bag (sells for equivalent of £0.50) and Jo blogs comes along and assembles the kit in his back shed and sells on ebay, hence how they can sell bulbs for nearly nothing and free postage and still make a profit.
the only difference with these big factories is they buy the raw products (like me) and assemble them and sell them to the likes of Phillips, Samsung, and Jo the big importer (who sells them to likes of R&M, Newlec, CEF) and to bob the small importer (who sells them on their website)

With regards to dimmers there are 2 types, one that reduces voltage and one that restricts current, then its all down to the power supply how well they handle the restricted current and dim the LED bulb.

and for those who don't know the difference:
a LED Bulb is a B22, E27, E14, B14, GU10, MR16, G24, etc, etc
a LED light is the complete unit
for more accurate terms Lamps and Luminaries
dress it up any way you like, bulbs grow in the Garden, lamps light industry.

Reply to Dimmable LED bulbs? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net