Discuss Dimmer led flickering in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

LabourForApprenticeship

Regular EF Member
Afternoon, i just replaced light switch with click vpsv140 dimmer switch alongside megaman led 40W bulb.

If i have the switch midway, bulb flickers and i can hear electrical buz. Tugg test, cables secure so its not a loose connection.

Switch all the way up/down perfectly fine. No noise whatsoever. Is this normal?

MDJ

The Muppet Police
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
A lot of LEDs are not dimmable, even if it says they are on the packet

Pete999

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Afternoon, i just replaced light switch with click vpsv140 dimmer switch alongside megaman led 40W bulb.

If i have the switch midway, bulb flickers and i can hear electrical buz. Tugg test, cables secure so its not a loose connection.

Switch all the way up/down perfectly fine. No noise whatsoever. Is this normal?
Connection not being made or unmade completely.

dinger809

Regular EF Member
Is it the correct dimmer for the type of lamp?

LED dimmers aren’t all suitable for normal GLS lamps and vice versa

dmxtothemax

Regular EF Member
You will have to replace either the dimer or the lamp with another brand, they are clearly not compatible, not so much a fault just an incompatibility.

Markyd

Regular EF Member
if you type in the search bar at top of the lighting website page..dimmable megaman led lightbulbs...this item does not show up

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 61 67.0%
  • Black

Votes: 30 33.0%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.