Discuss Dimmer switch for torch light... in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lasernet

DIY
Reaction score
Hello, first time poster, be gentle please...

I have a torch LED light with two lights, one spot light and the other is really a torch light. As shown in the image below, the switch is between two, six feet steel pipies, about halfway up, ordown dpending on the perspective.

The switch for the latter one broke and stopped working; The actual switch is:

2way dimmer.jpg

The power supply is a tranformer, 110VAC to 36VDC.

I've been trying to find the original switch, or similar rotary dimmer, but no luck. The 36VDC seems to be an odd voltage, at least in the US..

Can anyone recommend a replacement switch for this application?

At this point, two single switches with 16VDC would work as well, after modifying the mounting plates.

TIA...

The last sentence had an error, the single dimmer switch needs to be 36VDC...

One more question...

Is it hopeless trying to get this torchie floor light fixed and better get a new one?

TIA...

I haven’t tried myself yet, but have tried to google the serial number and manufacturer?
Ebay maybe?

I did not find a serial # on the switch, just the name of the company and model number.

I've been searching the web, but could not find the same, or anything similar. I did see some Jing Nang made dimmers in the Europian market and at the Alibaba site, but nothing close to what I need.

Since the current switch is for 36VDC, can I use a 110VAC rated dimmer switch for this application? They are much more widely available and some of them would even fit to the limited place between the steel pipes.

The actual LED lights would still get the 36VDC from the transformer plugged in to the outlet, not the 110VAC.

TIA...

Reply to Dimmer switch for torch light... in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net