Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Dimmer switch wont fit! in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
A

adnarim

might find one,but i would sink box deeper to allow any make,probably a lot quicker than searching for suitable dimmer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Customer wont let me put a deeper box in! She's already bought two switches which i've told her wont fit. Just can't get through to some people.

S

Seselectrical

They dont make en small if ure gud u can chop the box deeper without damaging the surrounding area

B

BEN5637

a few pence will buy you a frame which sits behind the switch and lifts it off the wall about 6 or 7 mm so any dimmer will fit into a shallow box. You will probably have to use longer screws and maybe re-thread the lugs in the box. I used to chop new boxes in until i found these. I know CEF stock them and they save a lot of hassle and don't look unsightly either.

W

wattsup

You can get a remote dimmer that will fit, loads of places sell them. About 50 quid for a nice chrome/plat/satin. I love em, 10mins fit

S

Spudnik

Although depth of box is an issue with the actual fitting of the dimmer, it is also recommended due to heat build up.

This is why you can only get most 2 gang dimmers rated at 250w a side.

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to Dimmer switch wont fit! in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
Top Bottom