Discuss Dimming LEDs in bathroom in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi

I have 6 LED downloghters in my bathrrom. Their the Solo 10. Dimmable apparently. Their 10w each. Is there a way to dim them? Does a dimmable pull cord switch exist?

The fan is also connected to the lights of this makes a difference.

You could always install a dimmer switchoutside the bathroom and a fan isolator above the door and run a separate feed from a different ceiling rose to the fan and then you should be able to dim the lights..... Just a though

Dimmer switch could go in the bathroom if the room's big enough but more to the point why would you bother. I wouldn't myself. If it's too bright light a candle.

To answer your question, yes you can get a dimmer pull switch. You may well have to have the fan on a motion sensor or separate switch. I can do that for you Sir. Anything you want in fact (electrical installation wise I mean. See how I keep the customer happy and get more work? You may find it difficult to get one for LED but I can get around that by locating your switch just outside the bathroom Sir.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mildly creepy that Vortigern but it may just work.
To answer your question, yes you can get a dimmer pull switch. You may well have to have the fan on a motion sensor or separate switch. I can do that for you Sir. Anything you want in fact (electrical installation wise I mean. See how I keep the customer happy and get more work? You may find it difficult to get one for LED but I can get around that by locating your switch just outside the bathroom Sir.

I've never actually seen them but maybe some of those Zigbee type lamps where you can control the brightness from an app on your smartphone.

Thanks all.

Damn it, thought the fan would cause a problem!

Trouble with the bathroom is a flat roof, I had to make holes in the ceiling to run cables and put up new boards and re skimmed.

I put 6 as it looked neater, its a long bathroom.

I just got 16 of the solo10's for my neighbours house. The flood job i'm working on. There's a little switch on them to change the lamp from warm white, cool white and daylight. Try playing with them to get a comfortable ambiance rather than dimming them.

If you already have a permanent live at the fan can't you put it on a sensor adjacent to the unit if you have your heart set on dimming?

Reply to Dimming LEDs in bathroom in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net