Discuss Dimplex Quantum Storage Heaters in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I have a few Questions about the Dimplex Quantum range if anyone has experience with them?

I presume the units have in built thermostats....if so will they ‘switch off’ when the room temp is met to conserve saved heat?

If the heat stored overnight isn’t used up in the day, are they clever enough to use less energy storing up the following night as there’s already some heat present?

How do they know when to start and stop storing heat - how do they know when the economy 7 hours start and finish?

If you tell the heater that you want a couple of hours heat first thing and then a couple last thing (in the bedroom for example) will they only store up the heat for this amount of time?

Thanks, hopefully some light can be shed on stuff that I can’t find online!

I've not installed this range, but a quick look at material online answers some of your questions.

They appear to have a fan, which pushes the heat out, and is thermostatically controlled. You can set the desired room temp in 1 degree increments. When the fan is not running, then heat is (more or less) not being released.

These heaters have two separate 230V inputs - one off peak, one 24hr. So Off-peak time is when the off-peak supply is live. This can be done in a variety of ways, depends on your electrical installation. The off-peak hours can be just night time (e.g. 0000-0700) or can include a short period in the afternoon as well.

In answer to the 2 + 2 hrs, I'd say they always store to the max, regardless of what times for output are set, you may change your mind and want more heat in the evening.
And I'd also say that they store to a fixed core temperature, rather than a fixed length of time, so if they are already half charged they'll only half charge to top up.
(SCRAP that, I see from above post they use daytime boost for unexpected demand and charge to an algorithym based on previous use.)

Recently fitted a couple of these. The rads only charge up when the off peak supply is on, they don't use a in built timer, so if the off peak time is wrong then they will charge up at odd times (as we found!)

The amount of heat stored is supposed to be intelligent, so if you've used less the day before it doesn't store so much heat for the next day etc.

They are very easy to operate and just have simple dial to set the desired temp. If you want more heat then the boost heater kicks in. You can set any desired heat programme you want I believe, when I set them up I just used the 'Home All Day' programme as that suited the client the best.

They have a fan which runs all the time, you can't hear it, but it helps with the heat distribution.

Fitted a few this year. All customers delighted with them after a period of use. But, they certainly ain’t cheap!

Fitted a few this year. All customers delighted with them after a period of use. But, they certainly ain’t cheap!
I'm in middle of quoting to fit a couple on the fourth floor flat.
I need to get day tariffs feeds to them. Will be surface mounted in trunking each 10 meters from CU.
not including the cost of heaters I'm looking to quote £582 That includes disposal of old heaters but not supply or delivery of new.
Does that sound about right?

4th floor, yikes! Hope there’s a lift.
We allow one hour to dismantle the old and install the new ( assuming there is already a 24hr supply there, longer if there’s not).
As for your price, only you can set that, but it looks fine to me.

Reply to Dimplex Quantum Storage Heaters in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock