Discuss Diode choice for snowplow controller. in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Steelshot

DIY
Reaction score
Hello,I need recommendation for type. voltage,etc diode for toggle switch controller on my fisher homesteader plow.12 volt.since I do not have any vehicle side electric harness from fisher.i purchased the plug ends for power to hydraulic pump (battery)motor,and plug end for solinoid s there are 3 ,and two are shared to angle left.(up -right)that's why diodes are called for to prevent back feeding.i'll be using two dtdp momentary toggle switches,for up down, and right left angle.plus a spst for power 12 volt.the switches run to relay off battery.the coil's or solinoid s are low amp draw.18 gage wire.

Hi ,you will need to show some diagram or drawing,to work out what is to be gained by the addition of any diodes.
I'm taking a wild guess that the switching enables simultaneous operation of pump and selected solenoid/coil,hence the need for diodes.

Hi ,you will need to show some diagram or drawing,to work out what is to be gained by the addition of any diodes.
I'm taking a wild guess that the switching enables simultaneous operation of pump and selected solenoid/coil,hence the need for diodes.
Ill get back with something,but yes,12 v motor needs to run on all momentary switch tap's,or leads ,connection,there are only 3 12 volt coil's for up/ down and left /right angle.to achieve 4th function with just 3 sol.up-and right are wired together and energized to make left angle.

Groovy....can't wait ? It may be worth identifying the coil type and wattage...some have built in diodes in the DIN type connectors.
Also,state if there is any provision for trimming,by way of any limit switches or valving,which will be apparent ,on any sequential use of a pair functions, simultaneously used.

Reply to Diode choice for snowplow controller. in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net