Discuss Dirty, smelly, messy occupied houses in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Not much of a discussion thread, just me letting off abit of steam. Because the amount of houses I go to, are dirty, smelly and messy, with kids running around. I really don't know how people live like they do. I'm suprised I dont get ill from going in to those places. Is everyone the same? or are u lucky n get to go in decent houses, where they've seen a vaccum cleaner, hot water n soap!! bahhh! Dog **** and **** all over the carpets, last weeks tea still on the side, bedrooms stinking that much u start to vomit.

When I was on the tools for BT I went into some real sh1tty places over Kings Cross and Camden way. We also covered Hampstead and Primrose Hill areas so I also got to go into some really nice places - ah, those were the days, BT engineers to the rich and famous :)

Its not just houses either Luke, I went to do a job in a Dentist Practice (sockets for reception area) and when I moved some stationary boxes under the reception where the sockets were going to be fixed a huge nest of silverfish ran out all over the reception floor :mad:

Needed the work at the time so got on with it....I should have charge them extra though!

Oh the joys of being a domestic spark !
its not just me then, I stopped drinking anything from customers at all after accepting drinks then seeing the kitchen!!!!!!!! so now i dont risk it,
in fact one job was to install spotlights to the living room, the house was so bad (do you watch the life of grime on telly) that when i got upstairs i couldnt bring myself to lift the bedroom carpets, refused to do the job held breath and left.
how do they live like that in this day and age, dirty b##t##ds

Ha,Ive been to some scum holes. It got so close to me wearing a full dna suit to protect myself from the filth.
1.I've had fleas attack me whilst changing a socket.
2.I've lent on a bed to get to socket only to find my trousers become wet from **** on the bed
3.Whilst changing a switch, a VICIOUS aggresive dog cornered me then ****ed over me and the door frame. The owner with orange string around his waist pulled out a can of air fresherner and sprayed it over me saying,"Don't worry,that will sort it out".
4.Had a woman with rotten teeth that made me gag from the vile rancid breath. (that one lingered for a long time)
5.Saw multiple y fronts on the floor with FLAT number two's in them. His bed sheets were brown, his pillow was crawling in hair grease. We had to report him to the council and clearly he need help looking after himself.
6. One house had so much dust,It looked like it had snowed. I darnt open the window in fear of a blizzard.
7 A house with newspaper so high,stacked up it looked like manhatten, New York.

These are a few that stick in my mind, Jeez i've really been to some **** holes and find it amazing that people choose to be like this.

I concluded if the sink is brown from scum then do not accept a cup of tea from them

My old man said you had been around..........sorry about the dog! :D......lol

LOl...LOL

all the coments have made me smile, I have only had one ****y job and after that decided I didnt want any of it again, working in **** conditions, filth, scum and stinking when you leave....DANGER money thats what you need to add to the bill....

Reply to Dirty, smelly, messy occupied houses in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock