Discuss disabled guy looking for a wee bit of help ... THANK YOU in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

jimwithabigdog

i got Envirovent fans fitted to my house but they only work for about 3 weeks then i have to call them out now they say i have to pay to get them fixed they are only 8 months old ....this is is a video any help welcome .
thank you so much.

Envirovent fan - YouTube

i got Envirovent fans fitted to my house but they only work for about 3 weeks then i have to call them out now they say i have to pay to get them fixed they are only 8 months old ....this is is a video any help welcome .
thank you so much.

Envirovent fan - YouTube

What range would you say these fans were? Low - Mid - High...seems to me they're pretty low if they only work when there is a massive cloud of humidity near it lol, possibly a new fan? What are the guys saying the problem is?

On a sarcastic note, I find that opening a window works a lot better! Lol.

Ok I think you have a duel fan ie pullcord overide and humidity controlled and it looks like the humidity control is set to high do you know if this has been or can be adjusted.

Also do the kitchen roll test rip a sheet of kitchen roll turn the fan on and put the sheet next to the fan flat ways it it pulls the sheet then you have suction.

I take it you want the fan to come on only on high humidity well I would not hold my breath for that you would be better with a timer fan ie switch it on and when you switch it of it runs for 5 more minutes

Ok I think you have a duel fan ie pullcord overide and humidity controlled and it looks like the humidity control is set to high do you know if this has been or can be adjusted.

Also do the kitchen roll test rip a sheet of kitchen roll turn the fan on and put the sheet next to the fan flat ways it it pulls the sheet then you have suction.

I take it you want the fan to come on only on high humidity well I would not hold my breath for that you would be better with a timer fan ie switch it on and when you switch it of it runs for 5 more minutes

thank you i will get the wife to try this when she comes home over the last 8 months ive had a bout 7 new fans fitted. I have ten more videos to be used . I will give you a wee up date soon.

thank you .

This is a quote , regarding the problem with your fans. ' They are found to be working perfectly well, we will consider recharging you the cost of any abortive work. I cannot continually expect Envirovent to visit for free, under the warranty provided with the new fans, when consistently they are finding nothing wrong with them '.

Last edited by a moderator:
It could be the humidity sensor is turned up to high to stop it switching on at daft times but to be honest i think they are a waste of timeso a pullcord with a run on timer is the way to go that way when your in the kitchen you decide to turn it on then it runs for 5 minutes after you switch it of

when they came were they able to show you it was working as it should have ? , as by the sound of it they think it is OK

Hate to say it but your average house sparky comes a cropper with things like this ie fans ,heating,intruder systems

The company that makes them has checked them out by the sounds of this quote----> This is a quote , regarding the problem with your fans. ' They are found to be working perfectly well, we will consider recharging you the cost of any abortive work. I cannot continually expect Envirovent to visit for free, under the warranty provided with the new fans, when consistently they are finding nothing wrong with them '.

The company that makes them has checked them out by the sounds of this quote----> This is a quote , regarding the problem with your fans. ' They are found to be working perfectly well, we will consider recharging you the cost of any abortive work. I cannot continually expect Envirovent to visit for free, under the warranty provided with the new fans, when consistently they are finding nothing wrong with them '.

this is what 4 pots do

Envirovent fans - YouTube

It could be the humidity sensor is turned up to high to stop it switching on at daft times but to be honest i think they are a waste of timeso a pullcord with a run on timer is the way to go that way when your in the kitchen you decide to turn it on then it runs for 5 minutes after you switch it of

going to buy this thanks for the help form every one good to have a forum for guys like me that dont understand this stuff big help

Reply to disabled guy looking for a wee bit of help ... THANK YOU in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock