Discuss DISCONNECTING TIME FOR BS1361 (80A) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
HELLO
Just i would like to know if the BS 1361 80A fuse overloading ,how long will take to disconnect for example 90AMPS!
i have to install 14.4 kw electric boiler in the flat!and that would take 60A and 20A would remain for the rest of the house!
The main meter tails 16mm ,50cm long from the main panel (Ryefieild board )!Cooker and hob also in the flat
Please share you opinion!
thx

You need to look at some fuse curves. You will see that the time is not defined for an 80A fuse at 90A, with good reason. No OCPD should ever be operated in this region by design, so you can't just slap on any amount of load on the basis that if the fuse doesn't blow, all is well.

Reply to DISCONNECTING TIME FOR BS1361 (80A) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I don't "do" solar, but I've been asked to comment on an aspect of a new domestic solar installation by others. There is no overload or fault...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend an EV charger brand/type with load curtailment (throttling) which is easy to interface by manufacturers design, with a remote...
Replies
Views
I realise this overlaps with the Earth Rod install post a little, but I am attempting to plan part one of an upgrade. Currently I am mostly...
Replies
Views
Apologies for the complexity of this question, but there’s no easy way to explain it. This is a remote Norfolk house and workshops, developed...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock