Discuss Discreet or hidden PIR? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Evening everyone.

It makes a nice change to be asking an electrical question rather than talking about the other thing!

My customer some low level recessed lights (facing down) in their new bathroom. They want these lights to come on at night as they walk into the bathroom (there is no door). They also want the PIR to be hidden or at least very discreet.

I cant seem to find anything suitable for the sensor. Any ideas?

Cheers all. :)

Steinel occupancy sensor?
Could you give a link please ferg?
Microwave detectors will work through things like plasterboard.
Could you also give a link please freddo? I did think of a microwave sensor but I've only ever fitted one which was integrated into a flood light so am unsure how they work or how you even fit a standalone one.

Could you give a link please ferg?

Could you also give a link please freddo? I did think of a microwave sensor but I've only ever fitted one which was integrated into a flood light so am unsure how they work or how you even fit a standalone one.

Here is a link.

You can get some PIR sensors which fit in a relatively small (25mm ish) round hole in the ceiling.

Or as suggested a microwave sensor, maybe above the ceiling, you'll just have to be careful as it could easily be false triggered by movement in other rooms.

Microwave will come on from walking by in another room possibly as mentioned above. Lots of manufactures do the recessed pir ksr do a nice small one. If they don't mind the light coming on when you walk down the hall microwave is fine otherwise go for the recessed pir.

I guess it would just mean mounting something like this above the ceiling. The manufacturers info states it will sense through most building materials.
I cant find the MI on the link you show freddo where it mentions sensing through building materials?. Is it actually on that page you have linked?

Reply to Discreet or hidden PIR? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net