• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Dishwasher next to cooker?? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steve snakeman

I have just been handed a kitchen drawing where the dishwasher is sited next to a cooker with only a 20mm decor end separating them.Does anyone know if this is against either the wiring regs or the building regs.I was always of the opinion a water source should be as far away from a cooker as possible?

Professional Grade LED Lighting Strips

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
nothing wrong there, IMHO.

SimpleSimon

Regular EF Member
Can't see any problem in this, just be more careful about where the socket for the dishwasher is going as I assume a sink must be close by? Just make sue the socket doesn't end up directly under the sink.

Simon

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
Because that's a plumbers domain.

Murdoch

Electrician's Arms
S

steve snakeman

Thanks believe it or not the sink is nearly 3m away.Also has an expelair marked directly above the cooker,not happy with that either.

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
above oven or hob?

S

steve snakeman

electric oven in cooker housing unit with gas hob cut into worktop.

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
why not a cooker hood then? that would be the ideal solution.

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
to get back on track, my dishwasher is next to the cooker. that way she can check on my dinner at the same time

S

steve snakeman

cooker hood would be ideal but its not up to me unfortunately :(

SimpleSimon

Regular EF Member
Best not have a socket in the roof then in case the roof leaks.
There again roofs have been known to leak, good job RCCD's are the norm.
So your saying if you saw a socket directly under a sink not draining board you'd be happy?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

isitintheregs

Electrician's Arms
My dishwasher and cooker have sat next to each other for a few years now without any mishaps, however I was called out over the week-end to a dishwasher where the hose had split and was deluging the socket it was plugged into with gallons of water. Maybe socket position is more important than dishwasher location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance