Discuss Dishwasher next to cooker?? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

steve snakeman

I have just been handed a kitchen drawing where the dishwasher is sited next to a cooker with only a 20mm decor end separating them.Does anyone know if this is against either the wiring regs or the building regs.I was always of the opinion a water source should be as far away from a cooker as possible?

Can't see any problem in this, just be more careful about where the socket for the dishwasher is going as I assume a sink must be close by? Just make sue the socket doesn't end up directly under the sink.

Simon

why not a cooker hood then? that would be the ideal solution.

to get back on track, my dishwasher is next to the cooker. that way she can check on my dinner at the same time

Best not have a socket in the roof then in case the roof leaks.
There again roofs have been known to leak, good job RCCD's are the norm.

So your saying if you saw a socket directly under a sink not draining board you'd be happy?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

My dishwasher and cooker have sat next to each other for a few years now without any mishaps, however I was called out over the week-end to a dishwasher where the hose had split and was deluging the socket it was plugged into with gallons of water. Maybe socket position is more important than dishwasher location.

its not against building regs to have a socket under the sink but it does say something about where it goes under a sink in relation to pipework, and dont forget in the regs proximity of external influences etc etc

A dish washer and a washing machine both require water and electricity. If you carry this argument on we’ll all be out in the back yard with a dolly tub and posser. Just use common sense. Try telling my ex she can’t use the washing machine, you’ll be having the copper end of the posser surgically removed from your nether regions.

You have a point, so perhaps control equipment and spur for jacuzzi baths and the like should not be installed under the baths.
I think they are safe enough, for two reasons, no easy access and rcd protection. An older circuit to a kitchen might not be rcd protected, as the one I was called to wasn't. The tap supplying the dishwasher was right next to the socket and the plastic end end on the hose had split. Needless to say, that installation requires attention, a newer installation would be rcd protected.

I have just been handed a kitchen drawing where the dishwasher is sited next to a cooker with only a 20mm decor end separating them.Does anyone know if this is against either the wiring regs or the building regs.I was always of the opinion a water source should be as far away from a cooker as possible?

some kitchen contracts for housing assotiations and councils ive worked on have specified that no white goods to be positioned next to the cooker space. on other contracts theres been no mention. so Its just personal prefrence.

Reply to Dishwasher next to cooker?? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock