Discuss Dishwasher Siemens won't start, instead the on/off button beeps. in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Estel74

DIY
Reaction score
Hi,

I am totally desperate, looking for advice. With the Covid, nobody wants to come home to repair my dishwasher. It is a Siemens SN65E003EU/43.

I had a problem with the draining pump which I remove and cleaned. Once I plugged it back in, nothing happen and the dishwasher won’t start. Instead the on/off button just beeps every seconde and the reset doesn’t work either.

I couldn’t find a similar problem anywhere else and I hope I will find my savior here! ?

Thank you in advance for saving my life. I am an alone mother of 3 and I am at my wits end…

Yes I checked the troubleshooting and for Siemens there is only 3 ways the power can't get in. None of which solved anything.

Hello Estel. Are you sure you replaced the draining pump and plug fully and properly, with the connections correct?

As mentioned by radiohead, the beeping likely means the dishwasher is not happy about something. For example, a sensor is detecting an issue or a sensor itself is faulty or not connected.

E.g. there is water in the casing, and an anti-flood sensor has detected this and won't allow the machine to start. For example due to a hose damaged or not fitting properly, or other leak.

Some machines also display an error code that gives some guidance as to what is at fault. I'm guessing either your machine does not do this, or you don't have any info about it.

Hi Ipf, Totally sure yes. I did it 3 times and the beep button started from the first time.
Hi SJD, water is fully dried already.

Hi Ipf, Totally sure yes. I did it 3 times and the beep button started from the first time.
Hi SJD, water is fully dried already.
Sorry, but it looks like you might have to get by with a dish cloth and bowl, for the time being. These times eh!;)

This model has a display, I believe, visible when you pull the front open? If there not an error code showing (E07, E09, … etc)?

This model has a display, I believe, visible when you pull the front open? If there not an error code showing (E07, E09, … etc)?
Exactly you can see nothing when closed but when opened there is no display on it. Just buttons and 6 LEDs.

The online info for this machine mentions error codes. Is there no display just LEDs, or is there a display that is blank?

If no display at all, possibly the error codes are indicated by which LED(s) are lit.

The online info for this machine mentions error codes. Is there no display just LEDs, or is there a display that is blank?

If no display at all, possibly the error codes are indicated by which LED(s) are lit.
This model doesn't have a display. No LED is lit. The only sign of "life" is the beeping on/off button.

Hi - sorry to hear about you dishwasher problem. Around here I’m the dishwasher and I hardly ever fail ... ha. Can you tell us about this pump and cleaning it? Did you have the DW taken apart? Some machines beep when something simple like the door is not latched closed securely, which can happen after the door is dismantled for example.

Sounds like the machine has something fundamental that won't allow it to start, e.g. door latch as Wilko mentions, can also be a control panel issue, an internal fuse, etc. Unless you can identify something that has changed from when it did work, likely you'll need to call out someone who repairs these.

Hi - sorry to hear about you dishwasher problem. Around here I’m the dishwasher and I hardly ever fail ... ha. Can you tell us about this pump and cleaning it? Did you have the DW taken apart? Some machines beep when something simple like the door is not latched closed securely, which can happen after the door is dismantled for example.
Then you are my savior?? :) Well I removed the draining pump then I cleaned it and I put it back in. The problem happened the first time I removed the pump. Then I removed it 2 other times to see if I had done something wrong. Not taken appart, I just remove the bottom shell to access the pump. The DW doesn't care about opened doors. Normally when the door is open it's when you can do the setting. The LEDs are on and then when you close it the program starts.
Thanks for your help!
[automerge]1586459589[/automerge]
Sounds like the machine has something fundamental that won't allow it to start, e.g. door latch as Wilko mentions, can also be a control panel issue, an internal fuse, etc. Unless you can identify something that has changed from when it did work, likely you'll need to call out someone who repairs these.
Well I did call someone, many companies actually lol. Nobody wants to come due to the Covid :(. Maybe the fuse can be a lead but I cannot find it. I'm just wondering whether the button would be beeping if the fuse was burnt.

Some dishwashers need to be reset after a fault etc, e.g. pressing / holding a button (e.g. a START button) for a few seconds. I don't know if this would apply to your model, possibly worth trying. Otherwise sorry I'm out of ideas.

Reply to Dishwasher Siemens won't start, instead the on/off button beeps. in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock