Discuss Dishwasher works on some outlets in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

AveryA

DIY
Reaction score
Hey,

Just got a new dishwasher and I went to plug it into it’s outlet and it’s doesn’t turn on. So I tested the outlet with the garbage disposal and it worked just fine. Tested a few other times and they all worked. I tried the dishwasher on different outlets and it worked on all of them.
How can this be? The outlet under the sink works just fine. All of the breakers are 20s. No breakers were tripped

Hey,

Just got a new dishwasher and I went to plug it into it’s outlet and it’s doesn’t turn on. So I tested the outlet with the garbage disposal and it worked just fine. Tested a few other times and they all worked. I tried the dishwasher on different outlets and it worked on all of them.
How can this be? The outlet under the sink works just fine. All of the breakers are 20s. No breakers were tripped
Avery the only thing I can tell you is possibly a loose wire I’m like you if all you tried worked even the dishwasher on a different circuit it doesn’t make any sense. Maybe in the dishwasher could have something come loose. Is all the outlets that you tried on the same circuit or phase ?

Reply to Dishwasher works on some outlets in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Wiring to new dishwasher causes garbage disposal to stop working. I just installed a GE dishwasher and came across a problem with the...
Replies
Views
A friend of the family recently lost her husband to the big C so I need to be careful. Every small thing is sending her into tears so when her...
Replies
Views
This is probably an easy question for an electrician but I was just curious about the theory. (I'm trying to figure out how things work!) I read...
Replies
Views
I may have posted this before but not sure if it made it in. I want to install an EV Charger in my garage. The panel is two stories up and the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. DIY here. Electric Dryer (Kenmore Dryer - 796.61552.610) had been tripping the breaker sporadically over the past few months. Recently the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock