Discuss Dissertation help! Part p review! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

luke285

Dear Sir/Madam
Re: Dissertation – BSc Building Surveying
I am currently undertaking a Bachelor of Science Degree in Building Surveying at Kingston University. In fulfilment of my dissertation I am required to research a topic area and produce a dissertation. The topic I have chosen is ` A review of Part P`and I am going to be investigating the following aspects of its use:
1. To understand why Part P was introduced.

2. To see if its original aims have been achieved to date and if any my aims have been developed since its introduction.

Ø Has there been a reduction of deaths, injuries or fires since the introduction of Part P?
Ø Has it increased the levels of electrical contractor’s competence? And can this be measured?
Ø Has it caused electrical work standards to rise? And so has it stopped or reduced ‘cowboy’ builders.

3. To identify its effects on all aspects of the construction Industry.
4. What further action is required by national, local government or the industry in order that the aims of Part P may be fully achieved and negative effects reduced?

I would be very grateful if you could complete the attached questionnaire and return it to [email protected] Needless to say, the information provided will be treated with strict confidence and individual firms or people will not be identified.

Thanks for you help and I would be really greatful for your help!
Cheers Luke Brooker

Attachments

• QUESTIONAIRE PART P 97-2003.doc
    43 KB · Views: 29
expect the can of worms you have opened up here mate with Part p :) I will be more than happy to fill out the questionnaire. will try to get it back to you tomorrow,

Thanks guys! Ive had some really good responses! Im just analysing them all now!

Anyone else feel free to fill it in the more the merrier!

Cheers again luke
:)

Just downloaded the document. I'll email it back later.

Will the findings be produced publicly?

I don't like to promote others but have you tried the IET forum and the Screwfix forum?

There are other "professionals" on these websites and I have to say a good "range" is available

Markysparky

to be honest yeap I have a feeling you may be right! But its just to ensure my study is fair and to ensure I have researched the information instead of me making it up.

Cheers Luke

Reply to Dissertation help! Part p review! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net