Discuss Distributing kitchen appliances between circuits in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
We're renovating our kitchen, and I have parts of the wall open and can rewire circuits right now if needed. We currently have three 20A circuits serving the kitchen, as follows:
*Circuit 1: fridge, microwave, toaster, outlets.
*Circuit 2: disposal, beverage cooler (5 cu. ft. mini fridge), outlets.
*Circuit 3: dishwasher.
I ran some new wires because we're adding an induction stovetop and wall oven, and while doing this I also ran a wire to add a new 20A circuit because I worry that the current situation is a little overloaded, although we have not had trouble with breakers tripping. The question is how to distribute appliances between the circuits. I am thinking as follows:
*Circuit 1: fridge, outlets.
*new circuit: microwave, toaster, outlets.
*Circuit 2: beverage cooler (5 cu. ft. mini fridge), outlets.
*Circuit 3: dishwasher, disposal (moving the disposal to this circuit).
Does this seem like the best distribution of appliances between our circuits?
Thanks!
Ian

We're renovating our kitchen, and I have parts of the wall open and can rewire circuits right now if needed. We currently have three 20A circuits serving the kitchen, as follows:
*Circuit 1: fridge, microwave, toaster, outlets.
*Circuit 2: disposal, beverage cooler (5 cu. ft. mini fridge), outlets.
*Circuit 3: dishwasher.
I ran some new wires because we're adding an induction stovetop and wall oven, and while doing this I also ran a wire to add a new 20A circuit because I worry that the current situation is a little overloaded, although we have not had trouble with breakers tripping. The question is how to distribute appliances between the circuits. I am thinking as follows:
*Circuit 1: fridge, outlets.
*new circuit: microwave, toaster, outlets.
*Circuit 2: beverage cooler (5 cu. ft. mini fridge), outlets.
*Circuit 3: dishwasher, disposal (moving the disposal to this circuit).
Does this seem like the best distribution of appliances between our circuits?
Thanks!
Ian
I’ll tell you this, fridge, microwave, freezer, dishwashers, garbage disposals all have to have there own dedicated circuits by code.

I’ll tell you this, fridge, microwave, freezer, dishwashers, garbage disposals all have to have there own dedicated circuits by code.
The fridge is permitted to be on a kitchen small appliance branch circuit 210.50(B)(1) NEC 2017 edition. Unless working in a area that has amended the NEC to be more stringent.

Reply to Distributing kitchen appliances between circuits in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net