Discuss Distribution board sample in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

serkanqw

Hi there,
Please somebody explains me how to design distribution board.
Here you can see my design, is it correct?
But I do not understand how it will work, i mean; is it necessary to have any selection equipment from which supply point will be supplied my loads or how?
I showed at attachment that my distribution boards has main supply cable from city and on of the main lines is supply from solar panels. How can i integrate these two supplies, or even i do not need to integrate them, i mean; if the potential of the solar panels are more then city my system will be supplied from solar system and even i will supply the city. and when there will not be sun my lines will be supplied from city but there should not be any separator or selector or something else?
Best regards,
Serkan

Attachments

• distribution board.pdf
    45.4 KB · Views: 95
where in the country are you Im sure one of the PV guys will help you and there are grants ect available fitting PV ect is NOT a diy thing most electricians I know would getPV guy into assist at least with the switching as there is added dangers from two supplies

Dear Mogga
Is it my distribution board design missing something?
To avoid any harm to my system which equipment do i need to add?
Regards,

@serkanqw

Which country are you in, different regulations (and hence designs) apply to different countries, so without knowing that it is impossible to say.

There are lots of factors to consider, earthing system, isolation, maintenance, who is allowed to do the work etc etc.

So the first question is: What country are you in?

Answer that and some people will be able to help you. Some countries require you to wear a seat belt when driving a car, some don;t, some states say you must have a helmet to ride a motorbike, some don't, in some countries you have to be 17 to ride a motorbike, in others it's 14. So can I ride a motorbike?

Dear Worcester
I would like to install my distribution board to my house which is located at Turkey.
I hope this will help you to understand.
But any way i do not see any big differences if you installing some distribution board in UK or in other country. The main issue is to protect people who will use the board, so if it is necessary to make some earthing you should do it even according to country rules it is not necessary, or if you believe it is necessary to add some Earth leakage circuit breakers you should add it.
I just would like to ask if i am missing something inside my distribution board.
Any advise?
Best regards,

Reply to Distribution board sample in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock