Discuss distribution circuit from house CU to adjoining Garage DB2 EIC details? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi, I have completed a EIC for a garage DB2 with five final circuits (no problem there i think). But for the distribution circuit from house DB1 to Garage DB2 I have completed a second EIC for this alone. The questions I have for the distribution circuit alone are:

1) For the EIC 'particulars of the installation' part where it wants 'max demand' should I include the demand of the main consumer unit DB1 or the demand of both DB1 (~35A) and the demand for the new installation of DB2 in the garage/workshop (27A). While im on this bit, should the DB2 garage installation max demand EIC record just the garage demand or the sum of both DB1 and the DB2.

2) For the EIC for the distribution circuit between DB1 and DB2 only: do I fill in the additional protection section of the EIC with NA for supplementary bonding and RCD (as its in a non RCD protected spare way with a MCB 63A in DB1). I am thinking that neither the supplementary bonding nor the RCD bit to the distribution circuit apply so I should put in NA?.

Thanks all. This is for a examined design project. Help much appreciated.

g

You only need 1 EIC with 2 schedule of test results.

Particulars of the installation as you would normally on the EIC.

Schedule of test 1 with the distribution circuit for DB 2.

Schedule of test 2 for the 5 final circuits supplied from DB2

Reply to distribution circuit from house CU to adjoining Garage DB2 EIC details? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock