Discuss Distributors Fuse Rating and Type in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

electricphil

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I know this topics is probably a very old chestnut, but how do I really find out what type and rating the distributors fuse is? The suppliers say its not their responsibiliy (EDF) and the distributor says they do not hold a database of the information. Its an old style fuse with no indication. I can guess that its 100A. Help!!

Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Whatever you do just be really careful, when you walk past the head, as sometimes these fuses have a tendency to fall out at the slightest vibration and then you have to push them back in gently

Whatever you do just be really careful, when you walk past the head, as sometimes these fuses have a tendency to fall out at the slightest vibration and then you have to push them back in gently
too true! :)

You have 3 choices:

1 Call the supplier for endless sessions on hold and no definitive answer
2 Record limitation or 'not verified' and a note that the suppliers fuse was sealed.
3 Ah, I can't quite remember 3 but it's similar to Malcolm's experiences!

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
i usually find drilling a 1/4" hole on hammer in adjacent masonry causes them to fall out.

i usually find drilling a 1/4" hole on hammer in adjacent masonry causes them to fall out.
Don't you just hate it when that happens, I now stick some insulation tape over the carrier mate .....................try and use some of that old red stuff, I find the new brown one don't hold properly

Can't have these fuses falling out now can we

Funnily enough I had the same thing the other day. Slammed the meter cupboard door in frustration... and the carrier just popped right out!

Reply to Distributors Fuse Rating and Type in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Top Bottom