Discuss Distributors fuse type in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

baza

-
Reaction score
Hello Everyone

Can anybody help me with what to put on a Installation Certificate with regards to the distributors main fuse. I looked at one today which had very little information on it other than "AEI series 3 100A". I know the enclosed fuse is 100A HRC, but i dont know what to put for the BS Number, type or short circuit capacity
Many thanks in advance for any help

16 or 16.5KVA unless you are in london inwhich case it could be higher and I would use 60/80A or lim otherwise you are admitting to breaking the seal. Just because it says 100A does not mean that it is.

Hope that helps

Chris

How do you know the size seams high to me , normally the fuses are 60 / 80 amps unless its a specific request domestic fuses are normally BS1361 type 2 which is 33 ka ,having said that i have come accross BS88 1962 as well , if the cut out has 100 amps labled and the type etc write these down on your cert and mark in the limitations supply fuse as labled also what a cat says

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi nickblake
This cut out is one of about 9 feeding individual flats, none of these have seals, so i looked at the fuse which in this case is for the communial areas, considering its feeding 8 lights and 2 sockets, its a bit over the top. Its the original suppy put in about 1960 - 1970

Ah ok well what you need to to is put lim on the certificate write in your limitations box unable to access supply fuse charactoristics

last thing you want is to get blamed for cutting seals

All the flats have another cut out by their meters, so that makes all of the flats with two main fuses i think western power removed all of the seals a few months ago whilst doing something or they never had any

Yes it is always safer to put 60/80 or lim both say the same thing you dont have access and havent got a clue. Then at least you are covered.

Chris

Reply to Distributors fuse type in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net