Discuss Diversity applied, max load well over. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

ChrisElectrical88

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Seen a couple of threads on diversity and excessive max loads recently.

Just had a design from a clients for their house. Applied diversity is 196A.

Having 2 9kW showers install, A 4kW instant water heater, a cinema room, ring main per floor, lighting circuit per floor and ring main for kitchen.

100A Single Phase Supply
No chance of another supply.

Hes already having 2 combi showers as well as the 2 electric so doesnt want to get rid of them.

How many people in the household? If they got combi showers can't imagine electric being used frequently

How many people in the household? If they got combi showers can't imagine electric being used frequently

I'm guessing it's pretty huge if it's got 4 showers and a cinema room.

5 people. Ive squeezed it down to about 110A after convincing some changes, showers 7kW with priority board, instant hot water gone and a couple of other things.

Seen a couple of threads on diversity and excessive max loads recently.

Just had a design from a clients for their house. Applied diversity is 196A.

Having 2 9kW showers install, A 4kW instant water heater, a cinema room, ring main per floor, lighting circuit per floor and ring main for kitchen.

100A Single Phase Supply
No chance of another supply.

Hes already having 2 combi showers as well as the 2 electric so doesnt want to get rid of them.

Hi Chris. 2 x Electric Showers and 2 off the combi. ....

Have they got a cold water storage tank and booster set?!
The water pressure would be an issue!

Forgetting water for a sec. If you go with a prority unit for the shower and ditch the instantaneous 4kW water heater, can you put your calcs up on here for us to look at?

Diversity was applied using the tables in the OSG. The 7kW showers are for the kids rooms i believe, however he is now considering all 4 showers off a cylender, which if the case would remove any issues i have, he doesnt think more than one shower will be used at any one time anyway.

Regarding water pressure the owner of the house is owns a plumbing business so ill leave the pressue.

I can put calcs up if wanted when i get back to the office.

Infact, the following is off some scrap paper:

Cylender 16A
1st Floor Ring 12.8A
First Floor Lighting 3.96A
Ground Floor Kitchen Diner Ring 32A
Ground Floor Lounge and Hall Radial 8A
Ground Floor Lighting 3.96A
Lower Ground Cinema Ring 12.8A
Lower Groubd Lighting 3.96A
Heating 3A
Alarm & CCTV 6A

Total is 102.48A
However the lights will all be LED and shoukd only pull about 6A Total with all switched on.

Reply to Diversity applied, max load well over. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock