Discuss [DIY][First Post] How to sequentially use 3powerbanks? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello, I am a newbie to the forum and this is my 1st post.

We have a small project where we need to place an industrial ruggedized cell phone (this is a Samsung XCover phone, with 2800mAh battery) at a worksite. This work site is un-manned and do not have any electrical source. This project is for 5 days. The phone is there for 5days to get the surrounding Bluetooth low energy reading from several BLE devices in the proximity (these are 5meters to 8meters away, fairly near, not far away). The phone also is constantly turned on (it does not turn off) as it is needed to send DATA (LTE Data via the SIM card inside the phone).

The problem we face is that the inbuilt 2800mAh battery won't last beyond 1 day. There are no electrical source at the site , and there is nobody there to charge the phone.

However, we can get 2 or 3 or even 4 powerbanks. Each Powerbank has a capacity of 20000mAh. We probably can buy bigger capacity ones, rated at 30,000mAh. Currently, we connect the phone to one of the powerbank (20,000mAh) and I think this just saps the juice out and is completely wiped out in 2days. Is there a way to get the capacity from 2 , 3 or 4 of these powerbank and improvise a method where charging is done sequentially (when one of the power bank is depleted?)

The purpose is to get the phone to work for 5days.

Generally most phones charge from a 5V USB power source so you could get a DC-DC converter and run it off a 12V motorcycle or car battery?

Is there any window, etc, that you could use a solar panel for some charging source?

Reply to [DIY][First Post] How to sequentially use 3powerbanks? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock