Discuss DIY GFCI switch with CT in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

hlf0319

DIY
Reaction score
Hi,
I got an old electrical box (used for pool equipments). The GFCI switch in it broke. It's made by Leviton but no longer in production. Can someone give me idea on how to DIY such GFCI?

The GFCI is marked as 125V 60HZ 20A, the front is traditional, but the back has a current transformer core. When things are plugged, the 120V wires are plugged in the front leads and three wires go through the core (0V, 120V, 240V).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• WechatIMG54.jpeg
    208 KB · Views: 11
  • WechatIMG55.jpeg
    180.6 KB · Views: 9
Hi,
I got an old electrical box (used for pool equipments). The GFCI switch in it broke. It's made by Leviton but no longer in production. Can someone give me idea on how to DIY such GFCI?

The GFCI is marked as 125V 60HZ 20A, the front is traditional, but the back has a current transformer core. When things are plugged, the 120V wires are plugged in the front leads and three wires go through the core (0V, 120V, 240V).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
It appears that you have the wrong GFCI receptacle.

Reply to DIY GFCI switch with CT in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'd like to find a timer switch, in a style that looks alright next to decora light switches, to control a bathroom fan. The bathroom fan...
Replies
Views
Ok, I've got an issue I can't figure out to save my life. Background: I'm putting in a 100a sub panel in my detached 2 car high bay garage...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post here. I have a little experience with most types of household wiring through a decade of DIY remodeling, and...
Replies
Views
Hey there, My swimming pool has a 1.5 HP motor (120v,15a) that is plugged into a 15a duplex outlet. It's on a dedicated 20a GFCI (in the breaker...
Replies
Views
Background is we are selling our house and moving out of state. I've been fixing big and little things and painting for several months now, as...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock