Discuss DIY help Hotpoint DD2 844C BL Oven power cable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CatT2021

DIY
Reaction score
Hi Cat here looking for advice on a DIY query - for newly fitted double oven Hotpoint DD2 844C BL.
Have found the metal cover for the power cable at the rear of the oven has not been fitted before being installed and powered on. I have set the clock but not yet powered up the oven.
Wanted to know if it would be dangerous to do so without the cover on or is it ok to turn on.
Thanks in advance

Whilst the the connections at the rear right of the oven are not accessible as long as the oven is housed in your kitchen units, anyone who removes the oven in the future would be at risk of contacting exposed live parts. For all the time it takes to do, it would be much better just to remove the oven from the kitchen units, refit the cover and put the oven back in once again.

Thank you all so much for you help on this matter.
I’ve just had a new kitchen fitted and I was looking to read through the instructions before first use when I found the cover in its original wrapping in the top oven. Instruction manual explained what it was. I will go back to the fitter and get him to sort it properly, thank you all.

It's likely that the plastic terminal cover is fitted, and the metal cover, which is more of a heat shield, has not been fitted.
So, less of a problem, but still not a complete job.

Ah, this might be the 'fire cover' that contains the fire when the plastic terminal box fails catches fire and melts. It fits over the outside of the cover to stop the fire spreading to the kitchen units.

Edit beaten to it!

so, end of the day, when fitted, you can burn your chicken without burning your house. a winner, as long as the takeaway is open.

That stinks of “can’t be bothered to look for the bit I’m missing, so I’ll just put it in without it. No one will know, and I’ll just take the money and ride off into the sunset”

Now you’ve got the cover, it’ll take him all of 5 minutes to put it on.

That stinks of “can’t be bothered to look for the bit I’m missing, so I’ll just put it in without it. No one will know, and I’ll just take the money and ride off into the sunset”

Now you’ve got the cover, it’ll take him all of 5 minutes to put it on.
I wonder what else they haven't done correctly cause it'll never be seen?

Reply to DIY help Hotpoint DD2 844C BL Oven power cable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net