Discuss DIY upgrade lights to LED in room converted to office in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

goenviro

DIY
Reaction score
I rent an old property so need to minimise any changes to it.
My office is a large room (6m x 7m) with a single bayonet pendant light socket which eats thru 100W bulbs and as I get older I'm finding that there is insufficient light. So I purchased some LED light panels to install over my desk and in the other half of the room and was hoping for some advice on how best to connect them to the pendant light (which is somewhat of centre in the room) with as little an impact as possible.
I did go looking to see if I could find a plug that would adapt the bayonet fitting to supply a power lead to the LED lights but had no success in that so far - any good advice would be gratefully welcomed.

Reply to DIY upgrade lights to LED in room converted to office in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

We are in the process of renovating our house, and would like to setup led strip-lighting throughout. of the options, this seems most attractive...
Replies
Views
I have two 4 inch recessed CLF 4 pin light cans installed in laundry room since 2012. The bulbs are fluctuating in brightness. I think the...
Replies
Views
I need your help please once again in tracing a fault. Am DIY but not clueless. Converting former kitchen into 2 rooms: bathroom and laundry. The...
Replies
Views
Hi we are replacing light fittings in our home. Im confident with the fitting aspect, but have run into doubt in making the right choice of...
Replies
Views
I'm encountering a problem with the lighting in my kitchen. I reside in an apartment that has a light fixture utilizing 2 T8 fluorescent bulbs...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock