Discuss DIY Wander lead in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

cpc do empty cable drums,but they can be pricey the best bet would be to buy an extension lead and some adaptors and use that,if its just something simple you want.

i used the wind up cable reals for the last couple i knocked up. rs do the plug in 4mm`s cheap enough and the plug throughs for the end. all on some nice tri rated cable and jobs good

I got a socket and see one that converts a normal extension lead into one.. To be fair when it came I could have made one cheaper.. Saved my --- on old council install round my way though were the spark had simply nailed the bonding to the floor..

Lesson one.. Never assume bonding is connected at both ends..

your all Bonkers, have a look at this amazing forum, the advice is incredible wander lead : Screwfix Community Forum :smilielol5:

your all Bonkers, have a look at this amazing forum, the advice is incredible wander lead : Screwfix Community Forum :smilielol5:
The worst thing is Mike, there's some names on there that I recognise from on here before they got banned or wandered off.

Hey Trev I had a read about a 3 phase supply on there, my god it was absolutely hilarious, the funniest thing I have ever read, comical, funnier than the Beano

Get a 20M extension reel and cut off the plug. Twist together and solder the three cores. Atach them to a croc clip.
Inside the removed plug, connect L/N & E together with a bit of copper wire.
Drill a 6/7mm hole in the plug top, where the earth pin is, just big enough for your test probe. This is then plugged in to the extension when testing.
Job done!!

Now, if your shaking your head in disgust at the thought of this DIY bodge, then please know, I dont own one!!!!lol
If, however, you like this idea and are thinking of doing it, I have a patent pending!!!lol

P.s In an emergancy, this can easily be returned to its original state and used as an extension but you will need to remove the converted plug from it.

Jay

I think 20m is too short. I was fortunate enough to be given, by an electronics engineer, some rolls of ptfe cables and in the box was a 35m roll of green 4mm2 instrument cable, lucky me !

I managed to get some insulated green 4mm2 socket/plugs. The lead is as good as any 'professionally manufactured' types since I have spent much time repairing the latter on various instruments...

Electrician I worked with when I started used to have a length of 2.5mm Green and yellow 6491x with a croc clip on each end for a wander lead, This guy also had a home made socket tester and an R1+R2 test plug basically a 13 amp plug top with a shorting link between live and earth pins

Reply to DIY Wander lead in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock