Discuss DIY Wicks CU - Fitting and installation instructions included in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

RWJ

-
Arms
Reaction score
Reading the new Wickes catalogue. I like the two pages on Gas Safe and using a registered installer

The electrical section no mention of safety / Part P or anything, altought they do have this little gem on offer.

You'll notice the the last line states "Fitting and installation instructions included" good news!!! You don't need an any day course just follow the instructions!!!

View attachment 5383

Last edited:
Well the sooner that electrical work is made illegal for the jo blogs in the street the better, i have been in the industry for 30 years now so you can imagin how many times i have had to go and sit up to date exams etc etc..

Last time I went to Wicks I had to sign some sort of Health and Safety declaration to absolve them from any responsibility to get electrical goods and I'm part P registered.

Reply to DIY Wicks CU - Fitting and installation instructions included in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Morning all So the site I'm based at recently had some work done (think partitioners). This package of work included electrical. This was...
Replies
Views
DIY Looking for DIY Advice on ElectriciansForums.net - Also, we're looking for professional electricians to help out in there. I know this is a...
Replies
Views
TLDR: is there a legal requirement to have a landlords supply to power an L2 alarm system? Mornin'. Non-electrician, under the cosh from an iffy...
Replies
Views
Many will by now have heard of the new requirements for private landlords, enacted under Statutory Instrument 2020 No. 312, known as ‘The...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock