Discuss DNO Inspection/Approval.... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Berneray

Evening guys......

Dies any one know if we need DNO approval or a site inspection for a 12kwp system on a house with a three phase supply...I don't know if its an urban legend or not but someone told me you don't...

Any adviced greatly accepted...

thanks

Depends on the DNO and inverter choice, if you are fitting 3 16amp capped singlephase g83 inverters then no you don't. if you fit a three phase inverter then you need to prove it is unable to output more than 16amps per phase and is also G83 type tested. Which may mean installing less panels!!

If you are unable to meet these requirements then you need to apply for G59/2 approval with the local DNO, of which some will wish to witness and some won't. If they have witnessed any of your work before then you may be fine without a site visit although you will need to send in proof of inverter settings after the system has been commissioned. UKPN don't currently ask for witness testing on the smaller systems in our experience.

Hope that makes sense!

Speak to your DNO they will advise on there network at the property get your customers mpan number too

You should be able to do this under G83 if it is split over the 3 phases, and no more than 16A /3.68KW per phase.
Why install 12KW? If you stay below 10, the customer would be on a higher FIT rate.
I have heard of people claiming 3x4kwp FIT payment although I am not convinced that this is correct.

You should be able to do this under G83 if it is split over the 3 phases, and no more than 16A /3.68KW per phase.
Why install 12KW? If you stay below 10, the customer would be on a higher FIT rate.
I have heard of people claiming 3x4kwp FIT payment although I am not convinced that this is correct.

I'm sure that can't be right if there is only 1 MPAN/supply as this is what the FIT is paid on, not the phases.

Thanks for the info guys.....we need to install a 12kwp to get to Band D......its a 300 year old mansion with single glazed windows and an old oil fired boiler....the panels are going on a stable roof.

Spoke to DNO who were really helpful. We can have an 11kwp system (3 times 3.61kwp) and still use a G83 application. Any higher need a G59. JUst need to see if a 11kwp working for Band D.

They told us we can go ahead and install then submit the G83 after testing. Have I picked them up right....

Any info is greatly appreciated.

at 11kWp post install would be for 3 phase, if it isn't then you will need DNO approval to connect anything > 3.68kWp (3.68x3 = 11.04 ~ 11kW)

So reading your OP, which says three pahse, that's why you are OK.

Reply to DNO Inspection/Approval.... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock