Discuss DNO upgrade in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

what are you growing in the attic? :ack2:

See #4

WPD are very helpful so ask. Pity the same can’t be said for YEDL.

Try getting ukpn to move a domestic supply, I dare you!

Can't do it, there's no bonding on the water (plastic pipe with a temporary tap on the end of it)
Can't do it without an NICEIC certificate (temporary board with 2x twin sockets, plus the whole NICEIC nonsense)
Can't work in meter box fitted less than 600mm above ground level (they'll need a ladder in the trench to reach it if it's that high above the ground)
Can't have a cable buried that shallow (talking about their existing pilc cable)
Can't have your equipment in the meter box (their diagram clearly shows the right hand side of the box being reserved for consumers equipment)

Yep,have had similar nonsense spouted...although sometimes it takes a decent dude/crew to turn up,from the same outfit,and the outcome is groovy :icon12:

Yep,have had similar nonsense spouted...although sometimes it takes a decent dude/crew to turn up,from the same outfit,and the outcome is groovy :icon12:

I go armed with cash on the day they are due to visit, it's cheaper than an aborted job and second visit.

It may not be possible to upgrade from 60A to 100A. Two good reasons being that the local distribution network cable may not be capable of providing the extra capacity, and or the Ze may not be of a suitable value to disconnect the service 100A BS 88 fuse in the required time....

Unless you have a very large house with all the whistles and toys installed, i can't understand why anyone would NEED an upgrade from 60A to 100A supply. The 60A supply has obviously been coping with the installation to date!! lol!!

DIY E-Bay 

Just for you I drew this:

stupid%20badge_zpss3glbu2a.jpg

Reply to DNO upgrade in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net