Discuss Dno in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Some guidance please..........I have asked EDF to restore the supply to a small shop where the basement is flooded and some circuits may well be wet. From the DNOs intake there is a distribution circuit to the distribution board complete with 80Amp semi enclosed fuse and 2pole cutout. This circuit is open and the fuse pulled

Question is what will they require from me before restoring there supply:confused:

Some guidance please..........I have asked EDF to restore the supply to a small shop where the basement is flooded and some circuits may well be wet. From the DNOs intake there is a distribution circuit to the distribution board complete with 80Amp semi enclosed fuse and 2pole cutout. This circuit is open and the fuse pulled

Question is what will they require from me before restoring there supply:confused:
If it's flooded, I doubt thaye'll re-connect anyway......Brave man that tries!...Happy days!

DNO......Hmmmmmm...Funny buggers in my experience, you'll prob get some clueless bod pop round, scratch his head, then say something like......"I can't do that, I'm only trained for such en such....you'll have to ring up and book another appointment"

I guess as long as the circuits effected (basement) are disconnected at source with no means of reconnecting, and all other levels are not effected by any water nor are likely to be, then I would of thought it should be ok, but then again the DNO is the DNO...Blah blah they'll prob isolate the entire street!

P.S This advice is based purely on speculation and heresay, please do not try this at home, and if you do, get someone else to do it while you stand a safe distance away and watch from behind a kevlar reinforced partition wearing 100% rubber boots, and using stilts for safe measure.

He may want a PIR or installation cert to show the part he is energising is safe to energise. At one time the DNOs had their own testers who would test the installation before energising a property.

had a simmilar one recently dno insisted on a cert to say ok to reconnect bit stupid as there was no power to carry out testing, did a part pir covering the dead testing side and gave the client that the dno fitted fuse and i returned later to complete the pir.

Reply to Dno in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net