Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Do I include fans in a rewire ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

petedh

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I have been asked to price a rewire, what I'm not sure about is should I insist that ext. fans be fitted to kitchen and bathroom as part of complying with 17th edition? If owner says no thanks can I still issue cert but list ommisions and reason why.

Aico 3000 Range
S

sparkyork

in most cases there will need to be fans to comply with building regulations, wc's with no opening windows etc need a fan, utitlity room are supposed to have them as well.
i think whether fans are fitted in certain rooms does depend on opening windows??

i guess alot is down to the customer but this can often be a bit of a grey area where people try and get out of fitting them. and considering they dont cost that much i think its silly not to fit em.

rich

G

greekislandlover

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd sell them as a benefit. Don't forget the shaver light too!

C

Cirrus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have a brand new Redrow house and a bathroom with no windows and we don't have a fan but a 'passivent' instead. It is not an extractor though.

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

Reply to Do I include fans in a rewire ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom