Discuss Do I need a certificate? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

dunaldo

Hi, I have a 6 gang grid plate, which has switches for my Fridge, Freezer and Dishwasher, and each has there own connection point around the kitchen for the respective appliance. I am wanting to move the connection point for the fridge about 150cm, and lower the freezer one about 20cm, and change it into a normal socket. Is this possible, and will i need it to be signed off. Thanks in advance.

Regards Paul

You would need someone competent to do the work and the change would have to be inspected and tested for compliance with BS7671 and a Minor electrical installation works certificated should be issued. It will not need notification to building control if you are in England.

You would need someone competent to do the work and the change would have to be inspected and tested for compliance with BS7671 and a Minor electrical installation works certificated should be issued. It will not need notification to building control if you are in England.

hi, im not sure if im posting in rt place...but a friend of mine was opening a door of an industrial hot cupboard 13amp,whist holding another oven type door, he got an electric shock and broke his arm, the hot cupboard was earlier moved and got wet
why did this happen if the equipment is cert safe etc

Very sorry to hear about your friend being injured. It may have been safe once, but certainly is not now. That equipment and or the circuit supplying it has a dangerous fault, clearly. Hopefully that's been addressed ? There are multiple safeguards to prevent shock and all of them must have not been working at the time of the incident.

Reply to Do I need a certificate? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock