Discuss Do I need my own insurance for 'foreigners'? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dare

I'm currently employed doing electrical maintenance. Some work is coming up that will be notifiable to the LABC. The boss wants me to enrol in one of the schemes and he's happy for me to do my own work at weekends etc.
Will I need my own PL insurance for this, as I'm sure the companies policy only covers workers on the premises.

Thanks.

cause a fire or a flood and you'll be bloody glad you'd got public liability insurance.

When you say he's happy for you to enrol in a scheme, do you mean as 'dare electrical' or as a QS for your boss's company?

I definitely want to be covered by insurance. I guess what I'm asking is, is it ok for me to have my own separate policy to my employers main one?

dare, I asked an important question previously, who is actually enrolling on a scheme, you or your boss's company with you as QS?

dare, I asked an important question previously, who is actually enrolling on a scheme, you or your boss's company with you as QS?

Well, at the moment the boss would be wanting me as the QS, but he's open to suggestions. Which route would be best (from my point of view)?

Your boss can't just allow you to use his company's scheme membership for your 'own private work' that's not how it works.

Reply to Do I need my own insurance for 'foreigners'? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am struggling to find any insurance company that offers indemnity insurance for EICR's without having to take out public liability at the same...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I have been with my employer for 8 years and I feel like the time is right for me to move on. I'm looking to become self-employed...
Replies
Views
Looking for some business advice. Basically a "Self employed starter kit" things that you need to get to set up on your own, such as public...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm having some work done at my house and the electrician has said we need a full rewire. I'm a bit surprised given that we passed an...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking to shadow/assist electricians working within a fifty mile radius of Leicester (i.e. Stoke on Trent / Mansfield / Peterborough / MK...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock