Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Do i need to get my City & Guilds level 3 ? in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

keuspastis

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

hi everybody, i just arrived in UK few months ago and studied to be electrician in France, according to UK NARIC the equivalent of my certificate is between " N/SVQ level 2 / City & Guilds level 2 and N/SVQ level 3 / City & Guilds level 3 ".
I just got my 17th edition and would like to do some training, does anyone know if need to get my level 3 to be considered as a fully qualified electrician? an if yes how can i do it?

Thanks for your help.

Aico 3000 Range
P

pushrod

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
you can do a C&G2330 at college full time(2 days aweek) or evening classes. Whether you need it or not depends how much you know. Might be worth contacting a college and discussing what is on the syllabus and comparing it to what you have done. Or search for a syllabus from C&G.

If you want to work for yourself you will need to join a competent persons scheme ( such as niceic, elecsa or napit ) so that you can sign you own work off.

K

keuspastis

Thanks a lot for yours advices.

M

musicmaster050

NVQ level 3 is the best way to go and you can also get a JIB grade from that

K

keuspastis

You said NVQ is the best but what's the difference?

P

pushrod

I am presently doing a C&G 2330 level 2 full time at college (3 days per week). Next year i am doing the C&G 2330 level 3 that does more inspection and testing. As far as i know the nvq is a work based qualification that we could do after the level 3.
I am not going to do that, instead i want to do my 17th wiring regs next year (as well as the level 3) and also try and become registered as a competent person with ELECSA and then work for myself doing mostly domestic work.
Some people go the apprenticeship route and work for a company getting day release to go to college one day a week, but for longer.
Hopefully this explains at least some of the options that might be open to you.

this link has some info about level 3
C&G 2330 Lvl 3 Cert

Last edited by a moderator:
K

keuspastis

ok, thanks for your explanation. What is the price of going through a college?

P

pushrod

I had to pay about £350 to £400 for the year, including exam entry, But most of the younger ones don't pay, it depends if you have been to college already i think. Not exactly sure how much the level 3 will cost - i think it's about the same. The level 3 is 2 days a week (full time days) or it can be done at evening classes.

A

agroves06

can I do city and guilds 2330 nvq level 2 and 3 on a evening or weekend course with working for a electrical company???

A

agroves06

was ment to be without working for a electrical company.

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to Do i need to get my City & Guilds level 3 ? in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Top Bottom