Discuss Do I need to replace my digitrac dimmer when switching from Halogens to LEDs? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

willidh

Hi

I am working through my house, replacing 100 x 12V 50W MR16 halogens with 240V GU10 Megaman dimmable LEDs (previous owner installed the halogens - obviously not aware of electricity prices!).

I was told I needed to buy a special LED dimmer so I got the Aurora AU-DSP400X.

The existing dimmers are digitrac - I think the product code is 24423/5. It occurred to me that these dimmers might be suitable for LEDs but in my research I can't find any information on them. The Aurora dimmer is rated at 60-400VA as is the digitrac. But I'm guessing there's some more information I'm lacking to make the decision.

Any ideas?

(Appears that digitrac have gone bust - at least their website doesn't work any more!)

Cheers,

Danny

Thanks edrobbo8 - I'll have a look.
But meanwhile, it would be really helpful to know if the existing digitrac dimmers will do the job or not. Any ideas?

Reply to Do I need to replace my digitrac dimmer when switching from Halogens to LEDs? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I purchased a house that has a really cool 12v halogen setup where two wires are suspended across the ceiling in two different locations, and each...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am trying to replace my halogen wall uplights (230W, 240V, R7S, 114mm) with LED but so far no luck. I've tried both of the below LEDs...
Replies
Views
This is the second set which won't work to replace the current spots here in my kitchen. All they do is flash once quickly. I'm replacing...
Replies
Views
I have the typical LED on Dimmer switch. All the lights flicker in my house are very inconsistent times. By let me clarify by saying all the...
Replies
Views
Per this document: https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocumentLibrary/048487.pdf I guess dimmer switches have a minimum load required for operation...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock