• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss do I need to test my equipment?? in the PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mattcpc

Hi all
I run an AV department and have alot of electrical equipment none of it is used by customers or the general public and it sits in situi. i'm not sure if they need testing and gov web sites arent much help. hope someone can help.

cheers
matt

Professional Grade LED Lighting Strips

K-PAT

Active EF Member
Hi, if any of the items are used by any member of the business for any purpose on the business premises, then they fall within the scope of the H & S regs which insist on them being maintained in such a manner that risk to users is eliminated.Obviously , how you do that is up to you, but PA testing is probably the most cost effective way.

P

PASS Ltd

Legally you just need to ensure that you have a maintenance program in place which could involve a full test or just a visual inspection although your insurance company may stipulate that you should have them tested periodically with a certificate on hand. I'd check with the insurance company first just to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance