Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Do I need two dimmer switches or can I just have one? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mistermarty

DIY
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

We have an LED ceiling light fixture on our 2nd floor. There is an on/off switch on the 2nd floor and an on-off switch on the 1st floor. I want to install a dimmer switch because the light is too bright. Do I need to install two dimmer switches (one on each floor) or can I install just one dimmer switch (set it at a dim setting) and leave the other switch as a standard on-off switch so when that switch is turned on the light is dim based on the dimmer switch setting?

Scolmore Electrical Products
Aico 3000
James

James

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Only 1 is required.
However, not all led light fittings can be dimmed
Check with the manufacturer of the light fitting, as to which dimmers are recommended.

G

goasis

-
Yes one dimmer switch is correct. In fact, you can only put 1 dimmer on per switching way. (there are specific dimmers which allow more than 1 but they are the exception)
Certainly in the UK anyway, just noticed the flag!

Megawatt

Megawatt

-
Arms
We have an LED ceiling light fixture on our 2nd floor. There is an on/off switch on the 2nd floor and an on-off switch on the 1st floor. I want to install a dimmer switch because the light is too bright. Do I need to install two dimmer switches (one on each floor) or can I install just one dimmer switch (set it at a dim setting) and leave the other switch as a standard on-off switch so when that switch is turned on the light is dim based on the dimmer switch setting?
Sorry my friend but that wouldn’t work with just 1 dimmer switch. Both switch’s would need to be dimmers switches.

Get paid faster with card payments | Go Paper Free - Save Hours | Offer Finance to Customers

Reply to Do I need two dimmer switches or can I just have one? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Get paid faster with card payments | Go Paper Free - Save Hours | Offer Finance to Customers
Top Bottom