Discuss Do I need? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

Rauer

Right guys,
got my assessment coming up , do I need a proving unit or am I allowed to use the incoming side of the main switch?
Secondly do I need a wander lead or can I use a drum of singles!
and last but not least I can't find hsr 25!!!!-found it!!!
thanks!!

You only need to prove against a know source , so that should be fine. I can't see any harm making your your own wander lead up , I think most people do anyway.

What do they mean when they say they want to see design of installations?

usually a drawing or a diagram plan of the installation. I think in a domestic install a well made up legend of the circuits at the CU suffices. Phone them up and ask them

The ccc of a cable is one thing but how many things have to be considered which can affect that?
Think derating you did it on your 17th :)
Obviously you have to think about all the cables you are installing mate

I appreciate the derating factors like ambient temps and grouping etc, am I supposed to be keeping all this in a record for every job I do? And is there some sort of form to fill all this info on or do I just magic something up on a spreadsheet!

I'd keep a record of it mate, whether that be a hard copy or a spreadsheet on your hard drive is a matter for you and your scheme provider, ring them and ask them what they want. It's all part of the process that proves you have done your job correctly. Who are you going with? post that up and you'll get advice from guys who are registered with that provider because I'm not scammed up. The vast majority of my work is commercial with like for like replacements in domestic situations. For big jobs I team up with a mate of mine who is scammed up

Just looked the regs up for common rules (how sad is that) 514.9 Diagrams and documents when you get the chance to look. These items should be available to future testers , It does say for simple installations the foregoing information may be given in a schedule. A durable copy of the schedule relating to a distribution board shall be provided within or adjacent to each distribution board,

Reply to Do I need? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock