Discuss Do people get jobs purely on NIC in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

axel132132

Quick question about this, do people get jobs purely on name of scam they are with. As an example to this my old boss, what a **n**r he was.. Said once to a customer who got an old test cert out for a industrial property (No scam needed i believe) my boss told him that its not worth the paper its written on as its not NICEIC.. therefore he got the contract for TESTING the property and the other person was left out as he wasn't NICEIC..

Has anyone else ever LOST work due to not being NICEIC? Because like rockingit just shown, Storma seems the way forward i was just about to get NICEIC next week but if no one has any sign of people only using them because they are NICEIC then its worth it but if people get alot of people using them just because they are NICEIC and they "Trust" NICEIC..?

there is a small element of jobs that i loose for not being niceic and i do not get refered any jobs from the organisation i belong to but in my opinion i would go with the niceic as it is the industry leader, according to the man in the street
i will not be changing as i am happy with who i am with though.

NICEIC is widely recognised by councils and government departments and insurance companies as the only acceptable scheme, normally because their procedures state N..... and they are way behind the times.
If anyone were to insist on N.... then they can be told this is not permissible, any valid scheme registered person can do this job.
The N... have been enjoying market domination but it is (very) slowly changing, I retained one job when I insisted they check the requirements and my registration was accepted by the insurance company.
Unless you are doing lots of councils etc. then go with who you want to go with.

Reply to Do people get jobs purely on NIC in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock