Discuss Do you need to be in a scheme to sign off an inspection? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Not open for further replies.


EF Member
Need some advice please, I have been asked to inspect and test 4 commercial offices, periodic inspection. I have my 2392 test and inspection qualification and have been testing for a while but doing domestic only. Do I need to be 2391 qualified or just a competent person? And by competent person do I have to be assessed on my competency? Or can I just test and sign off the work myself?
Any help would be great as not sure?

Deleted member 26818

No you don't need th be in a scheme, or have 2391.
Although, it may be that the instition that the report is for, may only want someone who is registered.
Best get your client to contact the insurance Co. or whomever the report is for.
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

  • Brown

    Votes: 46 65.7%
  • Black

    Votes: 24 34.3%

Electrician Talk